Saturday, June 03, 2006

JUST SHARING

We know that God spoke to Moses, but as for this fellow, we don't even know where he comes from...
My teaching is not my own. It comes from Him who sent me. If anyone chooses to do God's Will, he will find out whether my teaching comes from God or whether I speak on my own. Even if I testify on my own behalf, my testimony is valid, for I know where I came from and where I am going. But you have no idea where I come from or where I am going. You judge by human standards; I pass judgment on no one. But if I do judge, my decisions are right, because I am not alone. I stand with the Father, who sent me. In your own Law it is written that a testimony of two men is valid. I am one who testifies for myself; my other witness is the Father, who sent me.

You are from below; I AM, from above. You are from this world; I AM, not of this world. I told you that you would die in your sins if you do not believe that I AM, the one I claim to be, you will indeed die in your sins. I have much to say in judgment of you. But he who sent me is reliable, and what I have heard from Him I tell the world. When you have lifted up the 'Son of Man', then you will know that I AM, the one I claim to be, and that I do nothing on my own but speak just what the Father has taught me. The one who sent me is with me; He has not left me alone, for I do what pleases Him. If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the TRUTH, and the TRUTH will set you free. I tell you the truth, everyone who sins is a slave to sin. Now a slave has no permanent place in the family; but a son belongs to it forever. So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.

I know you are Abraham's descendants. Yet you are ready to kill me, because you have no room for my word. I AM, telling you what I have seen in the Father's presence, and you do what you have heard from your father.
If you were Abraham's children, then you would do the things Abraham did. As it is, you are determined to kill me, a man who has told you the TRUTH that I heard from GOD. Abraham did not do such things. You are doing the things your own father does.
If God were your Father, you would love me, for I came from God and now am here. I have not come on my own; but He sent me. Why is my language not clear to you? Because you are unable to hear what I say? You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father's desire. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the TRUTH, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies. Yet because I tell the truth, you do not believe me! Can any of you prove me guilty of sin? If I am telling the truth, why don't you believe me? He who belongs to God hears what God says. The reason you do not listen, is that you do not belong to GOD.

I tell you the truth, a time is coming and has now come, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God and those who hear will live.
For as the Father has life in himself, so has He granted the Son to have life in himself. Moreover, the Father judges no one, but has entrusted all judgement to the Son. And he has given him authority to judge because he is the 'Son of Man'. He who does not honor the Son, does not honour the Father who sent him.
Do not work for food that spoils, but for food that endures to eternal life, which the 'Son of Man' will give you. On him God the Father has placed His seal of approval. And this is the will of Him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all that he has given me, but raise them up on the last day. For my Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep profanity out of the conversation.