Sunday, July 30, 2006

Today's Guidance

I was praying to GOD today and asking for guidance in sharing with all of you.
I pulled my bag of bible tabs from my pocket only to discover a hole in the bottom.
On first search of my pocket I didn't feel any that may have spilled out,
but shortly thereafter I had the urge to check again and found three.
They are as follows...I'll let you decide for yourself what they mean.

The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me,
because the LORD has anointed me
to preach good news to the poor.
He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,
to proclaim freedom for the captives
and release from darkness for the prisoners,
to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor
and the day of vengeance of our GOD,
to comfort all who mourn,
and provide for those who grieve in Zion-
to bestow on them a crown of beauty
instead of ashes,
the oil of gladness
instead of mourning,
and a garment of praise
instead of the cloak of despair.
they will be called oaks of righteousness,
a planting of the LORD
for his display of splendor.

-Isa. 61:1-3
Even so, when you see all these things,
you know that it is near, right at the door.
- Matt. 24:33
He who does not love me will not obey my teaching.
These words you hear are not my own;
they belong to the Father who sent me.
-John 14:24

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep profanity out of the conversation.