Thursday, August 31, 2006

What are you afraid of?

Be 'NOT AFRAID'


This post concerns our fears and the blocks they create. When one begins the journey into the unknown, fear must become something that is controlled and recognized for what it is..."a warning to be aware". One understands that someone fighting a fire must control their fear of fire, but not ignore it or let it control them. By the same token, when one engages upon the spiritual path, the beginning is through darkness and it will be here that you will be tested the most. It will be here that most will fall away and never continue beyond. It will be here they "GIVE UP", their journey and run back to their old life seeking a security that doesn't exist.
Some people think quotes like; "There is nothing to fear, but fear itself" are nothing more than that..."quotes". While others recognize 'words of wisdom' when they hear them and understand that hearing is not the same as listening, and use them as the tools they are. It is at this point that the universe reminds us that it is our ACTIONS and NOT our words that govern our direction. For those 'listening' it comes as great comfort, for those not, as torment.

"I would rather be hated for who I AM, than liked for who I'm not."

"A coward shall die a thousand deaths while one who is brave, shall have but one."

"The LORD never gives me more than I can handle, though we often disagree."

"Darkness always flees into the shadows at the coming of the light."

"Breathe DEEP...Breathe SLOW."

"Be 'NOT AFRAID'."

These are just a few of the type I mean...so...what are YOU afraid of and how do you combat it...or do you? As for myself I spent 30yrs saying; "I can't play guitar", because I was afraid of failing, without ever really having tried. I only really started playing guitar, when I stopped saying I can't.

What CAN you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep profanity out of the conversation.